Tuesday, April 11, 2006

When I read about Seymour Hersh’s latest article in New Yorker .I was so shocked when I figured out he was truly talking about using nukes against Iran. He mentioned in his article that White House was planning for a military strike sometime this spring and also alleges that this strike could include the use of tactical nuclear weapons.

Mr. Hersh pointed out that:” efforts by senior military officials to get the administration to eliminate contingency plans for the use of nuclear weapons against specific hardened targets had been "shouted down" by the Pentagon's civilian leadership.”
Are they really going to Nuke Iran? I guess places like the Natanz facility .
The major point in my view is whatever is going to be decided for Iran, the long term outcomes must be taken into consideration. I hope we don’t have second Iraq here. That would be my nightmare.
On the other hand, EU is getting more convinced by USA and Britain that Iran is taking some negative steps in many areas and it’s the time to react.So if EU comes to believe there is no other diplomatic way to reach into agreement with Iran. It may cooperate with US in imposing economical restrictions and sanctions against Iran.
I also read in Washington Post that: the Bush administration is studying options for a military strike as "part of a broader strategy of coercive diplomacy to pressure Tehran to abandon its alleged nuclear development program."That eased my fear of the war from my head a little. Some believe these are all political games to force Iran to stop development of nuclear programs.I am so puzzled. The time is running out for Iran’s government .If they don’t comply with USA and its allies. We’ll live some hell life over here in Iran.
Life would become more stressful for us.Feeling unsecured about future and wondering what will happen.

7 Comments:

Blogger Maybe Meme said...

This is my fear as I pepare to travel to Iran this july.

8:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I'm just an average American completely ashamed by our government. I'm sorry you have to live with this fear. We're fearful too.

9:37 PM  
Blogger Dr O2 said...

Bush has gone to deny the report claiming that won't be the case.

With Iran already claiming enriching Uranium, things have made a sharp twist. If that is true, in the current world state I think even the Americans would see diplomatic methods as the only possible way...

11:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

best wishes for you

12:42 PM  
Blogger Spooky Witch said...

Brayan,I hope you have travel safe to Iran.I hope there won't be any war.
Laura,Thanks for reading my blog.It is not just your goverment ,I guess our goverment is to be balmed too.
Dr O2 ,Bush denied it but whenever White House denies somthing ,it means that plan won't be off the table ...
Alcuin,Schoolbpys can be disciplined but goverments can't!
Tala,I wish you the best too.I hope you come around here again!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Merete said...

I was in shock when they attacked Iraq, I couldn´t belive that it actually was true. Watched in disbelief. My heart was breaking.

And now time is running out for Iran also. It´s like the devil is on a cruisade here to conquor the world. I just dont understand how the Americans can take this! That their government are killing in the name of God and the dollar. Most Americans are blessfully ignorant of what is really going on.

No way America can attack Iran too! We all need to speak up and make sure this crazy maniac is being impeached soon! Mr. President Bush and his whole clan needs to be behind bars.

Good luck to you girl!

2:03 PM  
Blogger Spooky Witch said...

Merete,I wonder where this gonna end,another war which is very likely to happen despite of Bush adminstration's recent denials but I think it is gonna happen ..and I am so worried.
I hope other people around the world care more about what is going to happen here.
Good luck to you too..
thanks

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home