Sunday, April 23, 2006

Was it really a joke?

I am going to build this bunker right in the garden in our house!that might save my ass from being killed by bunker-busting bombs..that was a freind's suggestion from america(apparently we were joking! )
One of the Bush's options was to bomb the nuclear facilities .It came to my mind that they're following this policy"To keep you from getting nukes, we will nuke you."
.USA willuse airforce to destroy the main nuclear bases.However,it is not very likely for Iran to get the nuclear weapons this much soon.Not sooner than few years.I don't see why Bush is rushing this much to finish his business about Iran.Is it about retaining the lost popularity in USA?The last poll showed his popularity dropped to 33%.
But since I have read some other articles about Bush's tendecny for putting some efforts on regime change in Iran.I assumed no one in White House ever bothered himself/herself to read some history about Iran.Everyone here remembers the US backed coup in Iran in 1953. That year Iran nationalized its oil industry, rather than allow it to continue being exploited by foreigners, Iran became a target for foreign intervention, and the U.S. did overthrow the democracy of Iran in the summer of 1953. If USA had not intervened in 1953 and crushed Iranian democracy, we might have had ademocracy in the heart of the Muslim Middle East all these 50 years.Everything might be much different now in middle east right now.One of the great example of USA interventions and how it led to the more tension and unstablity.(CIA released the information due to this coup just on 1989) .
I will close my eyes again and I will think about my uneventful life.How long it is going to stay uneventful?let's wait till April 28 UN Security Council deadline for Iran to stop uranium enrichment.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i understand u..but i cant eat..i just sleeeep:))

5:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Spooky Witch said...

Lady,probably you're doing a better thing..
Rasko,one story can be told in different ways.You made a good point about UK intervention but right now USA is the one who calls for war or sanctions against Iran

4:32 AM  
Blogger MikeyPDX said...

Fascinating. It embarrasses me to say I don't recall ever learning about this 1953 business. 'Course, I imagine for most Americans, Iran didn't exist until the hostage mess in 1979...

1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home